Friday 22 May 2009

Mystery coin.

I bought this coin in Bulgaria from a street merchant. I know nothing about it but it caught my eye.

If any Russians can translate and maybe give me some information on this coin it would be brilliant.

It's pretty big 6CM (2.4 inch) 0.5 cm thick and made of bronze.





Markings, on the sea front right side there is a number 87. (I assume that is the year it was made) and the makers mark which is an oval with what looks like the world Liml (or siml)

On the left hand side there is a long word: БAK^AHOB A (the ^ is an upside down V, ^ is all i could represent it with)



Thanks for any help.


EDIT: Here is a better picture of the text, I thought they could be viewed full size.



P.S. Sorry about the white crap at the bottom.

1 comment:

Pyro Stick said...

http://booksfrombulgaria.com/COINS/coins.htm

Buy the book there called THE BULGARIAN COINS - CATALOGUE 1880-1992. Its the 45th book down.

To me it looks like a commemorative coin.