Friday 22 August 2008

Wanted




So the other day I watched Wanted.

As soon as I saw the ads for Wanted, I knew it was a film I was going to watch. Angelina Jolie, assassins and gun battles in bullet time - what isn't there for a young male to enjoy?

The opening scene to wanted is brilliant. Fast paced, action packed and gruesome. Sets the tone for the film and draws you in - Probably one of the best opening scenes, leaves you ready and wanting more, Wanted delivers.

The Acting throughout is brilliant! Angelina Jolie is a pro as always. James McAvoy was great! I can't stress that enough, he was the perfect man for the job and just suited the roll so well. McAvoy and Jolie had great chemistry on set as well which gave the film that little something extra.

Morgan Freeman
played a different roll than usual which was refreshing and as always, played it well. I always feel if Freeman stars in a film it's worth watching I call it the Freeman Constant.

The plot and story is good, some nice twists and turns that keep you thinking. The slow time gun battles are amazing, executed brilliantly and the bullet curving i thought was really cool. The Bullet curving seems to be a coolness ad-on to Wanted as well as the assassins 'special' abilities they don't add anything to the story but they are awesome to watch and add that little something extra.

Wanted is brilliant 'till the end. The action is relentless after the opening scene you are immersed completely. The ending was great as well, i still find the ending sad thinking about it - which is very rare for me and especially rare as Wanted isn't a serious film, just goes to show you how immersing the film and acting is.

To convey my opinion as a number I'd give it an easy 9/10 - Guns, bullet time, violence and tasteful comedy.

Wanted hits every button the quality of casting, acting and writing makes up for the plot (which is nothing special) but honestly, I would watch it just for Angie.

Go watch it, you will not regret it!

Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Wanted is a superb film! I only wish I had seen it sooner than I did!!! I also love the bullet bending concept and the Jolie factor also got me watching :P

Nice Blog, keep up the good work