Sunday 8 March 2009

UFO Sighting #2

08 March 2009

My second strange atmospheric occurrence.

This evening i was walking back home from my good friend James' with my little brother Adam. Walking along the hilly road we reach the summit of the last hill - suddenly there is a blinding white flash emanating from a single point and lasting a fraction of a second.

I instantly thought it was lightening but there where no forks which left me a little baffled, the spark and flash i am 100% sure came from directly in front of me, i saw the flash like traditional lightening - it did not seem that far away from us.

My immediate conclusion was that the lightening must have just dissipated into the clouds, i have seen this happen only once when my family where on holiday in Florida. This was similar in no way to what i saw today - my prior experience was a magnificent sight with lighting arching across the sky like it was alive. This was definitely a single flash.

The final reason i am suspicious is because there was no sound, no thunder - I'm no expect but it is my knowledge that the static discharge of lighting produces a sound just like any electric spark produces a sound.

Tonight was a quiet night for a walk home, the patter of light rain with little to no wind - i would have heard thunder if it was there.

Now, to sum up my two concluding theories - the first is my logical and my second is my crackpot theorist UFO conclusion (which i like)

1) a very small discharge of electricity, not enough to create forks but enough to create a flash and dissipate without forking. Due to the discharge being small the thunder wasn't loud enough to reach me as i was too far away to hear it.

2) the flash of light was due to a UFO when it broke the light barrier - i have no idea what breaking the light barrier would look or be like but based on the fact that breaking the sound barrier produces a sonic boom (loud noise) i think it's perfectly logical to translate that to the light barrier.

sound barrier breach = burst of sound
light barrier breach = burst of light

Thoughts, ideas and speculation welcome

Thanks

Sam

additional notes:

Cloud-cloud lightening, referred to as 'Anvil Crawler' which i referred to in my small article. you can see the flash and lack of forks leading to ground - perhaps a cloud-cloud lightening flash without forks because of low charge?



No comments: