Monday 30 March 2009

Why bother?

So i got this email today, one of the 'i have lots of money and i need to give it to you' scams.

here is the exact email with some Chinese removed from the start and email address removed:

'Dear Friend,

I am Mr Sherrif Alhassan Staff of BOA Bank in Burkina faso.I would like you to indicate your interest to receive the transfer of $10.5M Dollars.

I will like you to stand as the next of kin to my late client whose account is presently dormant, for claim.


- Dr Lusee Mark'

I enjoy a good scam email but this guy seems to not know what he's doing! He didn't even ask me for my bank account details! Where is he going to put the millions of dollars belonging to a dead guy i don't know?

It's a sad day when scamers are too lazy to spend upwards of 10 minutes writing out their scam - it would, however be more sad if anyone fell for this.

Warning to new people of the Internet - Do NOT trust anyone on the Internet!

I also got a couple of emails from banks about problems with my accounts which where pretty good i have to say (if only i had accounts with those banks ;)

another warning, if you get an email asking you to give them any personal details or if there is a problem immediately be cautious. check the senders email address to make sure it is legitimate, check your account to see if this is the case DO NOT FOLLOW THE LINKS IN THE EMAIL! open up your web browser and type in by hand.

enough tips, be safe.

Later

Sam

No comments: